Saturday, October 15, 2011

Comment of the Week!

Every Saturday we pick a Comment of the Week, and the author gets to pick something from THE VAULT as a thank you for participating in YA Confidential!

This week's winner, who will receive an ARC of Shatter Me for telling us about the most authentic male character she's read about recently, is...

Zoey Talbon!

Someone already said this, but I really love Etienne St. Clair. He was just so REAL. Anna thought he was perfect most of the time, but it was obvious that he wasn't - he was afraid of change, afraid of heights, and he was clinging to his old life (Ellie, specifically.) He was basically having an emotional affair the entire book, and I really liked that because not a lot of books deal with that. And even though at first, he was always happy, you still got to see a side of him that was dark and sad when things with his mom came up. Not to mention he was positively adorable in Lola and the Boy Next Door. =)

A little more about Zoey:

I'm fifteen, and I spend my days wondering what the point of learning geometry proofs is when I intend to be a writer or editor. I'm an avid reader that really should learn to spend less money on books, and I write YA books with characters that like to throw things at each other. I work in a bookstore. A bookstore that, sadly, does not often have the books I want to read.

You can find her at her blog or on Twitter.

Thanks Zoey, and thanks so much to everyone who commented this week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved