Saturday, November 19, 2011

Comment of the Week

Each Thursday we ask you a question, and on Saturday we pick the author of our favorite answer to win a prize from THE VAULT as a thank you for participating.

This week's winner, who told us about her reaction to watching The Hunger Games trailer, is...

Gabbi Calabrese!
Oh. My. Gosh. After crying and getting the chills from a combination of excitement and heartbreak, I eagerly showed my family and all of my friends just for another excuse to marvel at it's mind-blowing awesomeness. My friends were kind enough to ignore the tears, considering the ones that read the books had the same reaction. But when my dad asked me why in the world I was crying, I launched into a ten minute tirade about the emotional depth and the way the actors really capture the essence of their characters and the way I could practically feel the anxiety and shock and despair climbing out of the computer screen and crawling under my skin. My dad then laughed at me so I marched to my room, slammed the door yelling "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING IMPORTANT!" and watched the trailer a few more times*.

*Read: A few more times than what could possibly be healthy for a teenage girl.

Because that may be the most wonderfully hyperbolic, and yet totally apt, response to a parent we've ever heard!

Gabbi, please send us an email to claim your prize!

Thanks to everyone who participated this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved