Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Best of 2011: Teens' Favorite Books

After we've told you everything else our teens loved about books in 2011, today they tell us their favorite 2011 releases, and the best book they read in 2011!


Rebecca:
I had quite a few baaad reading ruts this year, but I definitely read some amazing outta-this-world type books, that totally makes reading worthwhile! I don’t think I could choose one favourite book of the year, but here are few mentions of books I loved! My favourite 2011 releases include: Hunting Lila and Saving June. Both are very different – one’s paranormal, the other’s contemporary – but both have excellent story’s, were lovely to read and had a delicious romance . *sighs*

Some of the other best books I read this year (but weren’t published in twenty-eleven) include: Anna and the French Kiss – Loved it! I’m sorry I judged you by your cover, but you can’t say that isn’t a cheesy cover. Anyways, forgive me? Read NOW if you haven’t read yet! The Hunger Games – Wow! Not my type at all, and I mean at all, seriously I hate killing and blood (bet you wondering why I picked it up then) but it was amazing! Book 1&2 of The Perfect Chemistry series – both are guilty pleasure with hot Mexican boys, what’s not to like!!

Lissa:
Stay by Deb Caletti may have been the best release this year, in my opinion. It touched me and when I first read it as an egalley, I wouldn't leave my computer because I was so captivated. I ran out to buy the book the day of the release, and I've revisited many of the pages over the year. An honorable mention is one of my favourite books (ever): The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta, which was really released last year in Australia but came to the Americas in March. This book tore me apart and everything about it drew me in.

Best book read in 2011: The Book Thief (Markus Zusak) wins by a landslide. Everything about it, from the writing style to the characters to the cover, I loved. I remember crying for a straight hour, for real. It was so touching and I can't believe I waited so long to read it.

Gracie:
I honestly didn't even know which books I read this year were released in 2011... but I have to say my favourite 2011 release (of the, like, 3 2011 releases that I read) was Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin. I have a thing for quirky romances, especially ones written in alternating perspectives between the guy and the girl. :D The best book I read this year was Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. I actually read it twice. It was so amazing... there were so many beautiful stories behind each character and they were all woven together and... it was so good, I think everyone should read it. :)

Lennon:
My answer to both of those questions is Divergent by Veronica Roth. It was intense, action-packed, had a complex plot, relateable characters, and a romance that didn't take over the entire book.

Laura:
Best book I've read this year? Just one book? Oh, boy. Well, that would be The Hunger Games then. I was a latecomer to the series and they really did change my life in the way everyone told me they would. They made me a stronger person, really. Focusing on a newer release, Divergent would have to be it. It was one of the most amazing debuts I’ve ever read! Other books like Incarceron, Sapphique, Wintergirls, and Before I Fall make the top of the list, too.

Katie:
The best book I’ve read this year was Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet because, ironically it’s a bitterly sweet story of the after affects of the Japanese camps and what happened to them.

Erica:
My favorite 2011 release was Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep - This was the book that I had been waiting a long time for - it was just the perfect read. Jennifer Estep has crafted an amazing world, and has taken a really unique take on mythology. She blends different takes on mythology together, into this epic world of valkyries, Spartans, and gypsies. It has a perfect blend of romance, action, and problem solving.

And the best book I read this year that didn't come out this year was A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford. This the second book in the A Touch Trilogy, and comes out February 2012. I was absolutely blown away by it! I loved A Touch Mortal, but Leah Clifford upped the stakes and wrote an amazing second book that I loved even more than book 1! Everything is bigger and better in this one, and I simply loved it. Leah Clifford is such an amazing writer.


So, what was your favorite 2011 release? And what was the best book (whether it came out in 2011 or not) that you read this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved