Saturday, January 14, 2012

Comment of the Week

Each Thursday we ask you a question, and on Saturday we pick the author of our favorite answer to win a prize from THE VAULT as a thank you for participating.


This week's winner is:


STEFI


When asked which character from a novel she felt she was most like, here's what she had to say:


As soon as I read the question I knew the answer: Elisa from Rae Carson's Girl of Fire and Thorns. No, I'm not fated to save a country, I'm not chosen with a Godstone or rule a kingdom (but sometimes the perks that would come with that would be awesome:) but watching her grow as a person from page 1 until the end, I completely identified with her and her journey both as an individual and in her achievements.

And it's funny but although for her it was her Godstone that felt like a burden that mocked her, for me it was a scholarship to a great college. Which should've been a blessing. Where she had body-image problems, I had mental-image problems to the point I didn't think the potential my teachers saw in me actually existed. Where Elisa was convinced a cosmic error had been made in choosing her, I was convinced the admissions committee had seen more in me than there actually was. Where everyone around Elisa felt so sure she'd succeed though she thought they were crazy, I too thought the SATs and APs I'd done were no guarantee of anything once I actually got to a college where no one knew me or my grades or my track record in my old high school.

BUT, like her with each of her military successes, with every little quiz and midterm and finally the Dean's List, I started believing when I actually saw what I could do. On my own. Despite what everyone else expected, I had to believe in myself. And that's where my and Elisa's strength lies.

And this translated into my personal life. Like Elisa, I began to wonder if they guy I was with was right for me - not the other way around. 

That's why I love Elisa - she traveled through the pages of the book and her biggest wars she waged with herself, not others. Just like me.



What a FANTASTIC answer! We all loved it so much.

Stefi, shoot us an e-mail and let us know what Vault prize you want! Congratulations! And thanks to everyone who commented. Come back on Thursday for another question!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved