Thursday, January 26, 2012

Drumroll PLEASE...

Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! ARCs, signed books, awesome books... Anything we have--you get to choose.

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
What upcoming release are you most excited about?
source
Sara: Oh man. Mine's a little bit of a cheat. I *would* say Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta because I've been salivating over that book for AGES. Except I snagged an ARC of it at ALA and have already devoured it. Which makes my answer, instead, the next book in the series: Quintana of Charyn. Which really stinks considering Froi isn't even officially released yet. I feel pretty confident saying that I'd most likely sell my soul for a copy of Quintana. And probably (okay, definitely) your soul as well. No offense. 

Alison: There are three (yes, three - get over it) novels I can't wait to glue my nose to. Number one on the I wish it were May already anticpitated reads: Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I know everyone else will probably put this at the top of their list too. And they should. Divergent was ground-breaking, exceptionally written, and just fifty levels of awesome. I also can't wait until August for the final Maximum Ride novel Nevermore. Yes, I know - SHUT UP about James Patterson already. But there's no denying him the king of page turners and this YA series was my first YA love. Finally, I'm still going through House of Night withdrawls and probably will be until October when I an purchase Hidden. And as I'm typing my response, several others popped into my mind, but I'll leave it at three. Maybe. Playing Parker, A Midsummer's Nightmare, Tilt...

Copil: I'm excited about Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator by Josh Berk. Supposedly Berk really brings the funny in this title about a high school junior who stumbles on a murder scene. I've totally had this happen to me, like, a bajillion times, so I'm excited to see if he gets it right.

Karen: Under the Light by Laura Whitcomb. (The sequel to A Certain Slant of Light.) I have waited FOREVER and I want it out RIGHT NOW.

Cristin: Although I didn't know it, clearly the book I'm most excited for is The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict, as I made such ridiculous excited noises when I saw the ARC at ALA that the woman working the booth straight-up laughed at me.

Alexandra: A Confusion of PrincesBecause I have immense amounts of fangirl love for Garth Nix, and he could probably vomit on a page and I'd think it was brilliant.

Cambria: So many good books coming out this year, but I'd say it's a tie between This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers and Insurgent by Veronica Roth.

Your turn!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved