Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ARC Cover Lovin'

As you might know, four of us operatives hit up ALA in January. It. was. SO MUCH FUN. But that's a story for a different day. 

Today? We're talking covers. Specifically ARC covers. I know they're not always final, but still. There are some awesome covers out there!

Some I longed for because their covers reminded me of covers of books and movies I've read/watched and enjoyed. For example:

  • The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour... Can we say Almost Famous? Can we also say AWESOME movie? :)
  • Wake by Amanda Hocking... Imaginary Girls, Nova Ren Suma
  • Belles by Jen Calonita... At the TIME reminded me of Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen. Now I realize I was wrong, but it's still why I picked up the ARC to get a closer look!
  • Dark Mirror by M. J. Putney. A girl looking at her reflection and seeing herself in a different outfit, one formal the other not? Totally reminded me of Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. 

Some stuck out to me immediately because holy CREEPY, batman!

BZRK by Michael Grant, and 172 Hours On The Moon by Johan Harstad
I mean, what's creepier than weird eyes? 


There were the bright covers, destined to catch my eye with their fun colors! 

Lexapros and Cons by Aaron Karo, and Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe, by Shelley Coriell

And on the other side, the dark and twisty--and shmexy ones.

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock, Gilt by Katherine Longshore, Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, and Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

FINALLY. The hot boy factor. And this one pretty much shut out all the others. 
Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta
I mean, seriously. Froi is the hottest boy I've ever seen on a cover. Like, I love him. Not just because he's hot--I already kind of loved him from Finnikin on the Rock. But that drool-worthy visual? Plus his story (which is amazeballs, btw)? There's no hope for my heart. 


So. What are YOUR thoughts on these covers? Anything you'd like to add--or disagree with?

And in case you're drooling over these reads, never fear! While some I'm donating to my local library, others will be up for grabs in our next contest! Stay tuned :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved