Saturday, February 25, 2012

Comment of the Week

Each Thursday we ask you a question, and on Saturday we pick the author of our favorite answer to win a prize from THE VAULT as a thank you for participating.


This week's winner, who told us which movie she had seen recently and loved, is:


XANIVER


I haven't seen many 'recent' films - I'm waiting for John Carter on March 9th. Of the films I've seen recently though, I think Friday Night Lights stands above the rest. I did this all arse-about-face really. I watched the series first knowing nothing about the book and film the series was based on. I loved the series. I loved the characters and the raw, gritty documentary style. Ok, I loved Tim Riggins. So yesterday I watched the 2004 film and it was almost as good as the series, in that same classic understated style of Peter Berg's that's really just a quiet character study set against the backdrop of small-town football. Loved it. Now, I think I have to read the book by Bissinger...


Also watched Ryan Gosling's Drive the other day and it was delightfully retro and understated too. I really like that style. So different from the razmataz of blockbuster Hollywood. That said, I can't wait to see John Carter and Battleship and Prometheus - all big budget Hollywood romps.


What an AWESOME answer! Your answer was insightful and amazing and . . . okay, you had us at Friday Night Lights. And Tim Riggins. And then Ryan Gosling. But STILL. Awesome answer!

Xaniver, shoot us an e-mail and let us know what Vault prize you want! Congratulations! And thanks to everyone who commented. Come back on Thursday for another question!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved