Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let's get creepy...

Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! ARCs, signed books, awesome books... Anything we have--you get to choose.

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
What's your favorite creepy song? And not, like, cheesy Halloween music. We're talking haunting and atmospheric!


source
Our Answers

Sara: Oh man, I have tons... My favorite at the moment is Hannah Peel's cover of Tainted Love. You might recognize it if you watched American Horror Story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2HX1pdIGc

Copil: Mozart's Requiem. It feels like an aural horror movie. Whenever I listen to it, I'm like "Salieri is INSIDE THE HOUSE, HE'S CALLING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs

Karen: My favorite creepy song is Ramalama (Bang Bang) by Rosin Murphy. Actually, it's got a really catchy beat and I dance to it in my car a lot, but it's still kinda creepy. Plus, the first time I ever heard it was on So You Think You Can Dance, and the whole crew danced to it dressed like zombies. Best creepy zombie dance ever! I know some of you want to watch it, so here you go. You're welcome.



Alexandra: "Something I can Never Have" by Nine Inch Nails. It's also my favorite depressing song. There's something about the ambiance of the music, with that quiet piano coming in over the rest of the noise, that gives me chills. It's creepy because of how passionate and despairing the singer sounds, and how charged the lyrics are, how desperate he sounds when he says "I'm starting to scare myself". It's creepy in that way lobotomies and nightmares are creepy...those things that make you worry maybe you don't quite have control over your own mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEW8riKU_tE

Alison: Anything from The Phantom of the Opera. Creepy, yet weirdly inspiring. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej1zMxbhOO0

Cambria: Pretty much anything by Godspeed You Black Emperor! will get the job done for creepy atmosphere. Specifically, I like their Yanqui X.O. album (each track is reeeealllly long and mostly instrumental). One caveat -- if you're looking for I'm going to kill you-atmospheric music, this ain't it. The atmosphere here is more along the lines of, I'm the last person on Earth and OMG I'm going to waste away to dust or gnaw off my radioactive arm. Still creepy if you ask me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV4UzmbgzbQ

Your turn!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved