Saturday, April 28, 2012

Comment of the Week!


Each Thursday we ask you a question, and on Saturday we pick the author of our favorite answer to win a prize from THE VAULT as a thank you for participating.

This week's winner, who told us about her favorite YA so far this year, is:

Gilly!

"The best YA book I've read this year has been WANDERLOVE by Kristin Hubbard. The writing is beautiful, it includes illustrations drawn by main character Bria, the location described is exotic and lush, but the characters are just compelling. Bria and Rowan are two complex, flawed individuals trying to live the life they want, making mistakes, and learning to trust each other. Even the secondary characters are amazing - I swear I have met Israeli backpacker Liat! 
Most of all, this novel made me think and wonder about decisions I've made in my past - made me think about how I will one day encourage my kids to pursue their dreams. There's nothing better than a novels that brings your own life into sharp relief!"

Some books stay with us only between Kindle downloads (which is, what, 60 seconds?) and then it's on to something new. It's that rare title that can stay with us for a lifetime (or, in this case, a kid's lifetime).

Congratulations, Gilly, and thanks to everyone for your amazing comments this week! I'll be curious to see what titles from the comments end up on our Best of the Year and which get pushed off by even MORE amazing stuff down the road!

Come back next week for your chance to win a prize from our vault!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved