Friday, April 6, 2012

TEEN TRENDS-Say No to Hatred

I'm appalled and horrified.

I HOPE and PRAY that what I'm about to mention gets shut down and never ever becomes a popular teen trend. Or a trend for anyone.

*deep breath*

Have you heard about EnemyGraph?

*shakes head in disgust*

It's a new app for Facebook (article here) where people can create a list of their enemies, and then connect with others who have the same enemies.

I. Can't. Believe. It.

Our world is such a mess in so many ways. As if we don't have enough problems with people (especially teens and other certain groups) getting bullied and harassed. Now, Facebook is going to make it even easier. It's going to give it power. It will make the problem WORSE.

I heard about this and didn't know whether to cry or scream. As if we don't have enough negativity in our world. As if teens don't waste enough of their energy and time (and reveal WAY too much) and say and post things on Facebook that may come back to hurt or haunt them. Now, we're giving them a technological tool to spread negativity and hatred.

UGHHHHH.It makes me want to shut down my Facebook account.

Right now, it's a so-called experiment. If it becomes a permanent part of Facebook, I will NEVER use it, or even look at it, and I most likely will shut down my Facebook account. I'll communicate with friends and loved ones through a form of communication that doesn't support and encourage such negativity and hatred.

Teens, and everyone reading this, please don't be a part of such a horrid tool.
Bullying is NOT cool. Hatred is NOT cool.
Spend your time and energy on something positive and uplifting. I beg of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved