Wednesday, April 18, 2012

UNDERCOVER WEDNESDAY: HOURGLASS

Today, we have the fabulous and funny Myra McEntire, giving us the undercover scoop on the cover for her YA novel, HOURGLASS.

Karen: Quick! First thing that comes to mind when you look at the cover for Hourglass.

Myra: Why is that golden door sucking her in like that? (My kid’s babysitter turned the book sideways and said, “She’s walking down the wall, yo.”

2.) Karen: *giggles* Tell us a little about the book.

Myra: Sexy, Southern, sassy, timey-wimey. You think it’s paranormal, but that’s the hook.

3.) Karen: Keeping with the S theme, I'd also say sneaky. ;) Did you have any input or say in your cover?

Myra: Not in the HOURGLASS cover. I saw a comp for the TIMEPIECE cover and sent them the picture that’s on the cover now in response.

4.) Karen: How did you react when they first showed HOURGLASS to you?

Myra: I called my agent and said, “This is good, right? I mean, I think this is good. Really good. Right?” She agreed.

5.) Karen: Well, that's because the awesome Holly Root has exceptional taste. ;) So, any other thoughts or undercover scoop you’d like to share with readers?

Myra: The girl on the cover is named Lissy Larrichia, and she’s ALSO the photographer. She has awesome tumblr and flickr pages.

6.) Karen: Lissy is very talented. And now you made her famous. I bet she loves you. :) Your second book in this series, TIMEPIECE is releasing soon. Which cover do you love more?

Myra: I really do love them both equally. They feel like such a pair that I can no longer judge them individually.

7.) Karen: Understandable. We like to spread the cover love here at YA Confidential, so other than your own, what’s your favorite book cover and why?

Myra: I love the Harry Potter covers. There are secrets in each one, and the art is so thoughtful.

Karen: Harry who? Never heard of him. I'll have to look him up.


Thanks so much to Myra for giving us the inside scoop on her covers. Want to add Myra's books on Goodreads? GO HERE

Check out Myra's website HERE
or stalk her on Twitter


One lucky random commenter will win Myra's novel signed by her (US only please). Just be a follower of our blog and leave a comment telling us which cover you love more: HOURGLASS or TIMEPIECE. (Or if you're like me and can't choose because they are both so cool, you can tell us that too. )

1 comments:

Maddie said...

I like hourglass because "she's walking down the wall, yo!"

Lol...I had to. It was right there.

But I like the first one a lot. Very mysterious...

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved