Thursday, May 3, 2012

Secondary Characters Need Love Too!



Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! ARCs, signed books, awesome books... Anything we have--you get to choose.

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
Which secondary character from a YA would you want to be your bff if they were real?

Our Answers

Jessica: I absolutely fell in love with Ashley from Moonglass by Jessi Kirby, and I know that if Ashely were real we would totally be bffs. At first glance she was such a typical Newport Beach girl that I wanted to give Jessi Kirby a high five for nailing that stereotype so perfectly. But then as you get to know Ashley she completely blows that stereotype out of the water and shows herself to be this completely unexpected and completely awesome friend. I loved her so much, and I wish that we could hang out for real...and I wouldn't mind at all if she gave me a makeover.

Matthew: Secondary, eh? That's tough. Hmm. Probably Fish, from Brooklyn, Burning, by Steve Brezenoff, because she owns a bar. Also, she's really nice. Also, all the other characters I've really fallen in love with lately are main characters.

Copil: My new BFF is Iko, the sweet, funny and loyal android from Marissa Meyer's Cinder. Girl's Night starts with a trip to Cecil's Walk Up Cut Hut & Chop Shop which is in a re-purposed Taco Bell. While I stick my head in the drive-thru window for a full wash, cut and blow, Iko can get some body panels realigned. Then it's off to mani-pedi-margs at Nails on Rails, an art deco nail salon built into a refurbished Pullman railcar. Then treats! A pint of Ben & Jerry's Schweddy Balls for me and four quarts of Amsoil Z-Rod 20W-50 Synthetic Motor Oil for her. After giggles and a pillow fight (Iko has to remember to set her servo strength to "Slumber Party" or risk decapitating me), we end the night with a fun game of Mystery Date! Awwwww, Iko! 

Alison: I have two (and could probably pick more): CHLOE (Shut Out by Kody Keplinger) and ZUZANA (Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor)—these two are completely loyal, call their friends on their screw ups, and encourage them to go for what they really want. I love my friends who are like that and can't have enough of them.

Cambria: Is it totally shallow of me that I'd want to be besties with Finnick Odair because sometimes I like looking at pretty things? Okay, in all seriousness, I really would want to be his friend because there is so much more to him than just the aesthetics. He's vulnerable and emotionally wounded and I feel like he needs a good friend, too, yanno? Plus he's hot and handy with a trident. :)

Alexandra: I would have to say Navin from The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney. He's loyal and has a great sense of humor, and I think he would be the kind of friend who could turn a crap situation into a better one.

Karen: This is totally cheating but I'm picking a character from Tangled Tides. I'd want Pango to be my BFF if he was real. He could help me dress better and do my hair, and he'd always be up for getting a pedicure with me. Plus, he makes me laugh. Not to mention he is super sweet but fiercely loyal to the people he loves.

 Your turn!

2 comments:

Eliza Tilton said...

If dragons were real, I'd say Saphira from ERAGON. Who wouldn't want a dragon??? Second choice would be Puck from The Iron Fey Series. Having a trickster elf would be a ton of fun.

Anonymous said...

Any secondary character? I really kinda LOVED Kim from "If I Stay". She's the main character's best friend. Her personality is spunky and she doesn't take anything from anyone, but she also cares so much for her friends and would do absolutely anything for them. That's the kind of person I'd want as a best friend.

Madison Hines
madison.hines14@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved