Thursday, June 7, 2012

BEA THURSDAY!

Let me tell you what happens when Sara goes out of town...YA Confidential falls apart. Well, okay, not the whole blog. Maybe just me. I told Sara I'd take over the Vault question this week and then I totally forgot to post this morning. *head desk*

So, I'm so sorry I'm late, but here we go...

In honor of BEA week (yes, Sara and Cristin went, and yes, we were jealous)...

Which ONE (*cough*Alison*cough*) YA book at BEA would you most want to get your grubby little hands on and why?

Matt:
I'm not super familiar with many of these books, but Zom-B by Darren Shan looks cool, and I'm interested in False Memory by Dan Krokos, too.

Jessica: I WOULD say TIME BETWEEN US by Tamara Ireland Stone because it is AMAZEBALLS, but I've already read it, so it would be silly to use my one book on something I have already DEVOURED BECAUSE IT IS SO AWESOME. So I'm going to say THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater. Even when Maggie's books don't sound like something I'll be interested in, she always draws me in with her amazing storytelling and her gorgeous writing. She's one of those authors that I now trust implicitly and will read whatever she puts out. I can't wait to get my grubby paws on this one.

Cambria: Sooooo many good books coming out...but I'm going to say The Diviners because, um, LIBBA BRAY! And ROARING TWENTIES! And OCCULT MURDERS! (NOT saying I'm into occult murders or anything--in case anyone needed me to clarify--but Libba Bray writing about shadowy occult things is totally up my alley!)

Alexandra: I can't just pick one! I can't! There are two that I'm dying to read, and I want them both with equal fervor. THE CROWN OF EMBERS by Rae Carson, and DEARLY, BELOVED by Lia Habel. I would do a number of embarrassing things on youtube to get an ARC of either of those.

Don't worry, Alexandra. Apparently many of the operatives had a problem picking just one.

Alison: Really? Why are we limiting me to JUST ONE?! I thought I could use this vault question to make my wish list for Sara. :) But IF I am only allowed one (really, Sara, I'm sending you a list), I would choose Prodigy by Marie Lu. I recently finished Legend and am anxious to see what June and Day are up to.

Sara: Shannon Messenger's Keeper of the Lost Cities! Yes, I've already read it as her CP but I can't WAIT to see it in ARC form!!!

Copil: If I have to choose only one, The City's Son by Tom Pollack looks intriguing. Something, something, mystical London underworld and that's about all I need to know. According to my understanding of London and all the stuff going on several stories below the tube, it's basically the 7-layer bean dip of cosmopolitan cities. God help you if you reach the guacamole.

Katy: Sorry, but there's just no way I can choose only one. So, I'll limit myself to three: CREWEL by Gennifer Albin (the concept is too unique not to be intriguing), FATHOMLESS by Jackson Pearce (a dark retelling of The Little Mermaid!), and TIME BETWEEN US by Tamara Ireland Stone (intensely romantic - yes, please!).

Karen: CREWEL by Gennifer Albin. Have been salivating over this one ever since she announced the deal on her blog. And, of course, Rae Carson's THE CROWN OF EMBERS. Because Rae rocks my world.

YOUR TURN!
We will pick one commenter to choose a book from our Vault.

Not sure which books are at BEA this year? Check out this link.



1 comments:

Shanna said...

So many sound interesting that it's hard to pick one but Fathomless by Jackson Pearce sounds very intriguing :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved