Thursday, June 14, 2012

Memory Test!


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! ARCs, signed books, awesome books... Anything we have--you get to choose.

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
Let's play MEMORY. Without looking, do you know what color hair the MC of the novel you're reading has?

source

Our Answers

Cristin: I'm actually reading a memoir at the moment that I got FROM THE AUTHOR at BEA, so I'd be sort of a terrible person if I didn't remember that his hair is black. (Life After Death by Damien Echols, highly recommended!)

Katy: I'm currently reading The Book Thief and I'm certain that MC Liesel Meminger is a blondie. Thank goodness, too, because this book's set in Nazi Germany.

Alison: Ginger? Ginger blonde maybe? I'm terrible at details. Terrible.

Alexandra: Yes. She's got dark dark dark brown hair.

Karen: Yup, she's a sun-streaked blonde.

Matt: It's never mentioned, but I picture her with sort of mousey-brown or dirty blond hair.

Sara: NO. I totally can’t. Not because it isn’t mentioned (though it might not be) but because 1) it’s hard for me to recall when I’m not directly reading--and even more because 2) unless I’m slammed over the head with the description of a character, I tend to make my own mind up about what I think they look like as I read. It’s weird.

Jessica: I'm in between books right now, but I'm pretty sure that the MC of One Moment by Kristina McBride, Maggie, was blonde. Yeah...I'm pretty sure.

Your turn!

2 comments:

Eliza Tilton said...

I'm currently reading the ROOM and the story is told from the five-year-old's POV. He never mentions hair color, so far.

Tome said...

I'm currently reading INSURGENT by Veronica Roth, and I know that the main character Tris has chin-length blonde hair (like me!). She used to remind me a lot of Katniss, so I was always surprised when she said her hair was blonde. Thankfully, Tris has really become her own character throughout the series, distinct because she's got a unique personality- not just because she's a blonde. :]

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved