Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Lovin'

Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! ARCs, signed books, awesome books... Anything we have--you get to choose.

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
Yay! It's officially summer! Which YA would you recommend for a fun beach read this season?

source

Our Answers

Cristin: Beach reads for me are all about the un-put-down-ability, so I'd reread the most unputdownable books for me, The Hunger Games series.

Alexandra: Definitely GOING TOO FAR by Jennifer Echols. It's a tumultuous contemporary romance, and as soon as I finished it the first time, I flipped back to the first page to start reading it over again.

Katy: I love a fantastically written summer-set contemporary! As far as beachy reads, I'd go with Kirsten Hubbard's Wanderlove or Nina LaCour's The Disenchantments. They're two of my favorites so far this year, and they're both about teens on the move, transitioning to adulthood during the summer after their senior year of high school. 

Jessica: The best beach reads bring about a feeling of summer and don't take too much brain power...you need to be able to put them down to hop in the pool or run to the snack bar and then pick them up again easily. My favorite thing to do in summer is revisit old favorites, so I would say THIS LULLABY by Sarah Dessen. It's my absolute favorite book of hers, I've read it more times than I can count, and it's a perfect summer read whether you have read it before or not.

Cambria: I like reading lighter, more romantic books in the summer. Something about wearing less clothes in the warmer months pretty much equals LOVE and ROMANCE and SEXUAL TENSION to me. So I'd recommend anything by Jennifer Echols for summer reading, but my favorite is probably Going Too Far.

Copil: I'm really, really enjoying Railsea by China Mieville. Nothing says summer like a Moby Dick-esque voyage on the high seas, by which I mean rail cars flying across dirt-choked wastelands hunting a dust-eating worm straight out of Tremors! NOTHING!

Karen: Hmm, fun beach read. I suggest OF POSEIDON by Anna Banks. I haven't actually read it yet, but I've heard wonderful things. And who wouldn't want to read about merfolk while at the beach?

Matt: Um, I'm not like a summer beach romance novel reader, so I'm going opposite here (and no, I haven't read it yet, but this is based of a recommendation): The Raft, by S.A. Bodeen.

Sara: I’m going to go against the grain here. While I love light and fun reads for the summer, last summer I read The Passage by Justin Cronin. Yes, it’s adult. Yes, it’s about a zillion pages long. But oh my gosh… I loved every second of it. It’s dark and scary and for some reason, reading it at the beach was even better. I managed to snag an ARC of the next in the series, The Twelve, and I’m trying SO HARD to hold off from reading it until I’m back at the beach in August. (Totally doubt I'm going to make it...)

Your turn!


1 comments:

Pk Hrezo said...

Summers for me mean epic story time. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardvgo is what I'm getting ready to sink my teeth into for my poolside read. Nothing like a complex detailed story world to relax to. :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved