Thursday, July 5, 2012

Location, Location, Location!

Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! ARCs, signed books, awesome books... Anything we have--you get to choose.

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question, courtesy of blog commenter Christina Kitroeff:
What story would you love to live in if you were "forced" to live in a book for the rest of your life and why?

Our Answers

Matt: Are we allowed to go outside YA? If so, I'm rolling with Middle Earth, as usual, because of this. And if we're sticking to YA. Hmm. All the YA Fantasy I read has worlds way too scary. I might go with the Wizarding World, as long as I can take post Voldemort times. If I can't have that, I'm sticking to my standby, Ghost Medicine, by Andrew Smith.

Katy: My immediate answer was The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (post-Voldermort, of course). The magic... Oh, the magic! When I really thought about it though, I decided I'd love to live in the adorable coastal setting, Cousins, featured in Jenny Han's The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy. I love quaint, beachy towns, and Han's world was chock-full of sand, sun, swimming, and cute boys. Not a bad place to be. :) 

Jessica: I want to live in the world of Anna and the French Kiss. Exploring Paris for the first time, eating crepes, and watching old movies, all with Etienne St. Clair by my side, well, it sounds like my ideal situation.

Alexandra: Like several other operatives, my first instinct was Hogwarts, but with my luck I'd be a squib, or that poor muggle kid down the street who never got a Hogwarts letter at all. So I think I'll go with the world in Clockwork Heart by Dru Pagliassotti. It's very caste-driven and not always friendly, but there's a kind of metal that floats and if you're lucky you can get a job as an icarus, which means you get to fly around on metal wings. Since my dream superpower is to fly, there's really no other choice for me. I want to fly around on metal wings.

Cambria: This question is so tough! Kudos to Christina for making us think this hard in the summer! :) I'd have to say either Prague from Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bones because the atmosphere seems mysterious and dangerous and beautiful all rolled together. Or Paris from Anna and the French Kiss because having been to Paris recently, I'd LOVE to go back! Stephanie Perkins definitely got the magic of that city right.

Your turn!


1 comments:

Eliza Tilton said...

Anywhere in the Forgotten Realms books. Anyplace that has Drizzt D'Ourden is the place I want to live.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved