Thursday, August 30, 2012

Summer Lovin'


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! ARCs, signed books, awesome books... Anything we have--you get to choose.

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
What's the best YA you've read this summer?

Our Answers

Matt: This is Not a Test, by Courtney Summers

Alison: Can I have a ten-way tie? No? Okay, I’ll just list my top four then (that’s better than ten, right?!): SCORPIO RACES, HATE LIST, GRACELING, and THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER.

Yeah. See, YOU try to choose between those four.

Sara: I read The Giver for the first time and fell in love. In fact, I read the entire series and was just... blown away. Lois Lowry is a phenomenal writer--and speaker, as I was lucky enough to witness her at BEA this year. She had me in tears and was definitely the highlight of that trip for me! (Crying aside, of course! She was completely candid and inspirational.)

Alexandra: Seraphina by Rachel Hartman tied with Eona by Alison Goodman. Interestingly enough, both are fantasy stories about dragons (though they're very different) which is a subject matter that has to be done VERY well to catch my interest.

Katy: So hard to pick just one! Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone, Monstrous Beauty, and The Book Thief are all honorable mentions, but the very best book I read this summer was Bitterblue. Kristin Cashore's writing blows me away, I adored Bitterblue as a protagonist, and Sapphire, Giddon, and Po... Love!

Jessica: SO tough to choose here...I've read so many excellent books! I think I'd have to say the best book I've read was the copy of Maggie Stiefvater's THE RAVEN BOYS that I snagged at ALA. It's not quite out yet, but it's the one book that I haven't been able to stop thinking about since I read it.

Copil: Railsea by China Meiville. I know, I know, it's my goto book these days, it's like I've got a one track mind. . .see what I did there?! RAILsea? One track mind? Yeah, I'll just see myself out. OMG, I did it again! "See" myself out? RailSEA? Oh, whevs.

Your turn!


1 comments:

Eliza Tilton said...

Without a doubt, Between Shades of Grey. I love fiction books based off history. It's a beautiful, heart gripping story and to think people actually went through that. It makes me so thankful for what I have.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved