Friday, August 31, 2012

Tales from the Locker Room (And Other Stalk Worthy Places)

Okay, so I really don’t stalk the locker room, but I do pick up on some interesting things in my classroom and in the hallways. I've bribed a few former students into doing my dirty lurking. And I have some classes willing to answer some questions.



My students have only been in school a week, but I was able to do a little spying and a lot of asking. Here’s the low down on all things teen (at least this month, in my school).


What they’re watching

Love and Hip Hop, Pretty Little Liars, Southpark, Regular Show, Awkward, The Inbetweeners, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Teen Wolf, Swamp People, Beyblade, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Workaholics







Movies they’re excited about

Anchorman II, Breaking Dawn II, Wreck-it-Ralph, Finding Nemo 3D, The Hobbit, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

What they’re listening to

Justin Bieber, Kendrick Lamar, Ace Hood, Lil’ Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Brad Paisley, Kenye

Some went to see this guy in concert

Drake


What they’re saying

swerve: Used in place of "swag". Derived from the lyrics of "Mercy" by Kanye West, it is commonly slipped into conversation in response to a "Ballin'" remark. (from Urban Dictionary)

Some oldies but goodies

bet: yes OR okay OR I agree

neck: what you say when someone does something stupid, sometimes accompanied by a slap on the neck.

What they’re wearing

Anything from this


to this


to this



This monthly feature is generally light and fun, but I want to make it meaningful. I’ve got a few “spies” and a few classes who keep this old lady young and updated. And they answer every question I ask them (sometimes it’s a little TMI). So, if you’ve got particular teen things you want to know for future Tales from the Locker Room, leave a comment. Or send it in an email. And as long as it’s something within the ethical realm of my teacherly self to ask, I will.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved