Saturday, September 1, 2012

Comment of the week

Each Thursday we ask a question and invite you to answer for a chance to win a prize from The Vault! And every Saturday we choose our favorite comment and send the commenter a Vault item of his or her choice! 

This week we asked:

What's the best YA you've read this summer?

And our winner is:

Stephanie

With this comment:

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. While it wasn't your typically light, fun summer beach read, it was definitely a book that I could not put down. I never imagined that there was another side of the story to see, and looking at Peter Pan's romance with Wendy, I didn't think I would ever want him to be with another girl. I mean, he was meant to be with Wendy, right? No way. The author gives us a totally different twist on the classic we're used to, and by the end, I was crossing my fingers in hopes that Wendy, (that wretched wild boy stealer!!!) would get eaten by a crocodile or drowned by a mermaid. This was a book that made me cry, rethink everything I knew about the story of Peter Pan and Wendy and give the savage girl that determined their fate another chance because I just didn't know better. The chararacters in Tiger Lily stuck with me long after I finished.

Thanks to everyone who commented! Stephanie, drop us an email (yaconfidential [at] gmail [dot] com) and let us know what Vault item you'd like!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved