Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gigglicious


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! ARCs, signed books, awesome books... Anything we have--you get to choose.

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
What's the funniest YA you've read recently?

Our Answers

Cambria: I don't think I've really read a "funny" YA. Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares isn't intended to be funny, but I think Cas, the main character, is beyond hilarious and witty.

Sara: Swim the Fly by Don Calame. It’s the first book that comes to mind anytime someone wants to read a book that will make them literally laugh out loud. Also, Beauty Queens by Libba Bray had me cracking up at different moments throughout the book, with a much darker sort of humor.

Alexandra: I don't really read comedy (unless it's something witty like a David Sedaris memoir), but there were parts of Paranormalcy that had me laughing pretty hard.

Katy: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, hands down. I don't read a lot of funny books, but this one had me smiling over and over. Frankie is a fantastically witty narrator!

Jessica: DEVINE INTERVENTION by Martha Brockenbrough. The voice in this one is awesome, and the narrator, Jerome, is absolutely hilarious. He's a pretty fresh take on a YA guy...I haven't really seen anyone like him before, and he made me laugh on pretty much every page. Even the sad ones.

Copil: Toss up between Me, Earl and the Dying Girl and Guy Langman, Crime Scene Procrastinator. Both were very funny but I have to give Guy Langman the edge for its inspired use of the kids song Wheels on the Bus and for its final line about cock rings.

Karen: So sad but I haven't read any funny YA lately. I should probably do something to change that. I could use some laughter in my life.

Matt: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie (I know, it's an old book, but I read it about a year ago, and the two funniest books I've read since then aren't published yet).

Alison: I just looked through my good reads list and realized I have not read a whole lot of “funny” books lately (aside from MG). Need to fix that! BUT, I will go with SUMMER AND THE CITY by Candace Bushnell. I can always count on Carrie Bradshaw and friends for a good laugh.

Your turn!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved