Monday, October 29, 2012

Comment of the Week

Soooo, I'm a little late. Okay, a lot late. I'm not even going to defend myself. I dropped the ball plain and simple. *hangs head in shame* But better late than never, so ladies and gents, I present to you, the comment of the week winner...  

Brooke Younker !

I'm with Riv Re here. Choosing *one* author is hard! There's John Green, Suzanne Collins, J.K. Rowling... I have to choose Patrick Ness for this one, though, simply because of the way his Chaos Walking Trilogy left me so emotionally wrung out. More so than any other book/series I've read by far. I also usually don't cry at books (or movies, for that matter)--the first novel in his trilogy, though, left me not only in near full-on tears. Each book seriously left me in a daze for several days after finishing them. They were that powerful. And not only did he craft the main characters well, but he crafted the villains so well that even though I hated them, a small part of me still loved and sympathized with them too, which I think is one of the most important things for a book so centered on the villain to have. Essentially, his books are the kind that I aspire to write; the kind that leaves the reader thinking about them for years after finishing (I'll also note that though I love Patrick Ness, I haven't re-read his trilogy since I finished *because* it was so emotionally draining.



Thanks so much to everyone who commented. Next week, we'll have another question and the chance to win a book from our vault--except next week the winner will probably be announced on time became I'm not posting it.

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved