Thursday, October 18, 2012

Who's Your Fantasy Bestie??


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! ARCs, signed books, awesome books... Anything we have--you get to choose.

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
If you could pick any YA character as a best friend, whom would you choose?

Our Answers

Alexandra: There are a lot of characters I admire in books and love to read about, but based on who I think I'd actually get along with, I'm going to have to say Kaye Fierch from TITHE by Holly Black. She has the same kind of wild imagination that I do, and a way of dealing with her emotions that I understand very well. At the same time, she's more adventurous than I am, so I think she'd force me to do things that I otherwise wouldn't do.

Copil: It would have to be Iko from Marissa Meyer's Cinder. Ever since I was a little kid, I've fantasized about having a robot sidekick. Not only for their cool-under-fire demeanor and bodyguard potential but also because their super-human strength would come in handy during flat tire situations.

Katy: Man, this is a hard one, but I think I'll go with Lennie Walker from Jandy Nelson's The Sky is Everywhere. She's just such a fun, normal  girl, and her family is all kinds of eccentric and awesome. I love that she's bright and witty and has a way with words. Plus, she loves to read (like me!), she's emotional and a bit impulsive (like me!), and she's boy-crazy (like me!). The Sky is Everywhere is such a beautiful book, I think I fell in love with each and every one of its characters!

Jessica: I LOVED Kami in UNSPOKEN by Sarah Rees Brennan. Kami is hilarious, spunky, and doesn't take crap from anyone, which I love. She's also fiercely loyal to her friends, so I would stick by her even though she talks to that voice in her head and she would stick by me through whatever bonehead thing I did.

Karen: Tiny Cooper from Will Grayson. First off, our last names rhyme, so we could make up awesome songs and/or poems about our friendship. Second, I just love him to pieces. Probably because he reminds me of a friend from my past who I never see anymore. Also, I love Tiny's musical so freakin' much. If we were besties I would make and sell "I heart Tiny" t-shirts for all of his fans--including me.

Matt: I would love to hang out with Nailer and Tool, from Ship Breaker, by Paolo Bacigalupi. Yes, they live in a broken, ruined version of our world, but they're both awesome guys (and Tool is a total bad-ass).

Your turn!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved