Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cross Over Potential?


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! ARCs, signed books, awesome books... Anything we have--you get to choose.

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
What book have you read recently that has the best cross-over potential? (Either from YA into adult, or vice versa.)

Our Answers

Katy: Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfeld. It's YA, but it's very literary and very mature. Amelia Anne herself is a college gal, so there's that, too.

Jessica: Jennifer Echols's books are so steamy, I think they would definitely appeal to adults who think YA is too tame for them. I sometimes feel a little uncomfortable reading her books in public, if you know what I mean.

Karen: A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb. I reread it recently because I loved it so much the first time. That book has def crossover potential and I'd love to see a movie version.

Matt: I think Cracked by K.M. Walton is a great book for parents to read, if not all adults.

Sara: Melina Marchetta’s Lumatere Chronicles fantasy series. I’ve been lucky enough to read all three, and they deal with some very mature themes. Plus the writing is beautiful and there are a ton of politics involved.

Alexandra: I think SERAPHINA by Rachel Hartman has crossover potential to the adult high fantasy genre. Many adult fantasy books focus on younger protagonists, and SERAPHINA has such fabulous world-building that I think high fantasy fans of any age would enjoy it.

Copil: I've been reading a lot of comics lately. And I think there's plenty of room in YA for a more traditional superhero story. I realize super hero powers are well-represented. But where are the kids who embrace their powers, design their own spandex costumes and go around defeating mentally deranged villains?

Your turn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved