Thursday, November 15, 2012

Triangular Love


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome books... OR ***NEW!!*** the book of your choice from the Book Depository!

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
What book rocks your favorite YA love triangle?

Our Answers

Jessica: Right now it's THE RAVEN BOYS. We get the clue from the description of the book that there is going to be something between Blue and Gansey. But then we start reading and find that Blue actually starts dating a different character. It's a four-book series, so I know many things are going to change, but I love this hint of a love triangle to come in future books. I might be worried if this was in the hands of a different author, but I know Maggie Stiefavter is not going to give us some trite, overdone YA love triangle. I can't wait to see how this one shakes out.

Matt: None. I hate love triangles.

Sara: You know, I really don’t mind a good love triangle. Especially now since the rest of the YA world seems so over them, I’d say the ratio of books that I read with love triangles is waaaaay outweighed by books that don’t have them. The one that comes to mind for me first is in The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. The triangle in this story is super complicated, and I completely understood (even at the times I shook my head) with why the MC had such a hard time sorting through her feelings for both boys.

Katy: Love triangles often bug me, but I love how Elizabeth Scott handled hers in The Unwritten Rule

Your turn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved