Thursday, November 29, 2012

YA Inspired?


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome books... OR ***NEW!!*** the book of your choice from the Book Depository!

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
Have you ever been inspired by a character in a YA to try something new? (For example, after Hunger Games, interest in archery sky-rocketed!)

Our Answers

Sara: The Hunger Games! I have wanted to take a survival course so badly since reading! I’ve even tried to invite friends, but so far, no takers. Now I’m pregnant, so it’ll have to wait. Also? Anything with zombies (especially reading Courtney Summers’ This is Not a Test) leaves me for weeks (okay, much longer) wanting to stock up on canned food and weapons to prepare for a zombie apocalypse…

Copil: Interstellar Pig by William Sleator encouraged me to play more board games for the same reason The Last Starfighter encouraged me to play more video games. I wanted to meet aliens. Didn't happen until I joined YA Confidential, though.

Karen: Years ago, I read this little unknown YA book called Twilight and I wanted to try dating a vampire, but I couldn't find a paranormal creature option on the EHarmony search tool.

Matt: No comment.

Your turn!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved