Thursday, December 13, 2012

Best Posts of 2013! Tell us your faves :)


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and every Saturday, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome books... OR ***NEW!!*** the book of your choice from the Book Depository!

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
What was your favorite blog post of 2012? (From any blog!)

Our Answers

Alison: Ohmygosh, I have to pick ONE?! There are so many, so many awesome blog posts I read this year, but if I have to choose (grrr), I would say Stephanie Perkins’ post about Love-Lists for her stories (http://betweenfactandfiction.blogspot.com/2011/01/happy-writers-society-love-lists-by.html).  Her thoughts on creating a love list: Whenever I begin a new project, I also begin a list called “What I Love About This Story.” I start by writing down those first ideas that sparked the fires of my mind, and then I add more ideas to it as I discover them during my push through early drafts.

The post sparked a YA Highway road trip prompt through which I created my own love list for my story—a love list I look at daily for inspiration. A love list that makes me fall in love with my story all over again. A love list that rejuvenates me every time I want to give up.

Jessica: My favorite post on my own blog is this one, where I take my copy of Anna and the French Kiss on a tour of all the places in Paris mentioned in the book: http://www.jessica-love.net/2012/08/anna-returns-to-paris.html

Copil: There were a TON! A lot on YAC, in fact. But the first one that came to mind wasn't YA, it was this one. It's a HILARIOUS review of the movie Prometheus. And it's actually dead on. Read it and thank me later.

Karen: Call me self-absorbed, but it was Copil's Ask A Dude post about Grasping at Eternity. Sure, it was nice to see my book being pimped out, but the real highlights of that post were the fake Ginsu knives giveaway and the video of the shirtless man flexing his pecs and doing karate in his bathroom.

Matt: Probably Uncle Iroh on Revision, by Adam Heine.

Your turn!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved