Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Do you WanWC?



Hi, everyone! I wanted to tell you about a cool new project I'm thrilled to be a part of! Plus, I had some extra exclamation points I needed to use up before the end of the year!!!

Okay, so Cupid's Literary Connection is a blog run by a mysterious stranger who brings writers and agents together through a series of fun contests. The writers who participate are absolutely top notch and a huge inspiration. And the agents who drop in for contests like Agent InvasionBlind Speed Dating and Come and Get It are a who's who of the publishing world. Seriously, if you haven't entered one of Cupid's contests or don't follow her on Twitter (@CupidsLC), you owe it to yourself to check out what she's doing.

Recently, Cupid announced a new project that I am so proud to be a part of! It's called Write a Novel with Cupid, shortened to WanWC (which I'm pronouncing wank because I'm juvenile and, as the only boy on the team, I gotta represent!).

WanWC is a group of 8 people (this includes Cupid - yes, she's writing something as well!), all of whom must finish a 50,000 word novel by the end of January. This can't be a work-in-progress or something that was started for NANOWRIMO. Each writer has to start from a zero word count with nothing more than an idea and a blank page.

Did I mention I'm doing this? WTF was I thinking?!

In all honesty, though, I could not be more excited. Working with Cupid and the other writers is a great honor and fantastic motivation. And I could not ask for a better cheerleader and mentor than Cupid.

Shiny new idea, Imma write the hell out of you!

I hope you, our YAC readers, will follow my progress and call me horrible names if I fall behind.

Better yet, you can participate, too! True, you can't be in Cupid's Quiver (that's what we named our team because apparently The Wankers wasn't fetch enough). But you can start your own "team" and work on the same timeline. All you have to do is recruit some people you want to work with and resolve to finish your project by the end of January. If you tweet about it using the #WanWC hashtag, others will be able to follow your progress. Plus, I expect some serious Jets vs. Sharks trash talk.

So what are you waiting for? Come write a novel with Cupid!

Copil's lifelong fascination with chorks (a combination chopstick/fork) will finally be chronicled in his new novel, Chork Patrol! You can learn more on Twitter (@Copil).




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved