Thursday, February 7, 2013

Books to stay warm by!


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and on the last Saturday of the month, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome books... OR the book of your choice from the Book Depository!

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
It's February. Which means for most of us, it's a FREEZING COLD MONTH. What's one book you can always turn to, to cuddle up by a fire with hot cocoa and get so wrapped up in that you forget all about the bitter weather?

Our Answers

Katy: Any awesome contemporary YA romance. Melina Marchetta, Sarah Dessen, and Stephanie Perkins are my tried and true favorites.

Jessica: My two go-to rereads are ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins and THIS LULLABY by Sarah Dessen. These two books feel like visiting an old friend.

Sara: Melina Marchetta’s Lumatere Chronicles. Especially the first two books. (Finnikin and Froi.) And Robin LaFevers’ Grave Mercy. So maybe, basically, any kickass YA fantasy that allows me to get completely swept away in the world and lives of its characters. With amazing prose. I can lose HOURS that way. Days, even.

Matt: Lord of the Rings. I used to read it every year.

Cambria: Eek! I don't know! I'm not a big re-reader, but when I think of books I'd want to read again to stay warm, I think of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Scotland, time travel, romance, kilts, and Jamie Fraser!

Copil: I love reading books with old houses or bad weather in them because there's something immersive about imagining rain or snow and hearing it coming down outside. All the Harry Potters have that element for me as does The Hobbit and The House with the Clock in its Walls.

Alexandra: I live in Florida, so I'm more likely to take a favorite outside in the nice 70 degree sunshine. Everyone be jealous. ;)

Alison: I actually don't reread many books (too many good ones and so little time!), but I could see myself curling up with and getting very lost in The Hunger Games trilogy. And the Maximum Ride series. The Raven Boys. Anything by Kody Keplinger. Or Ellen Hopkins. Or John Green. Or Stephanie Perkins.  Yeah - it's probably a good thing I don't reread books. I'd never have time for new ones!

Karen: I'm in Florida so I'm more likely to cuddle up with a book on my porch swing and enjoy the 70 degree weather in February. ;)  But as far as my "always turn to" books: The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. They aren't YA, but they do sweep me away and make me forget about everything except Jamie Hotter-than-hot-cocoa Fraser.

Your turn!


1 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

It's always bitterly cold here in the UK, so in the evenings I'm usually buried under a duvet and two blankets. I don't have a book I return to but I'm usually reading the second or third books in a YA trilogy, such as Beth Revis or Ali Condie.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved