Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's A Day For Romance!


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and on the last Saturday of the month, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome books... OR the book of your choice from the Book Depository!

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
Happpppppy Valentine's Day! What's the most romantic book you've ever read?

Our Answers

Katy: This is probably a weird answer because this story is also tragic and horrifying, but A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS has the most heart-wrenching, heart-breaking, heart-warming romance I've ever read.

Jessica: THE SEA OF TRANQUILITY by Katja Millay, FOR SURE. Oh man, this book. It's the slow crumbling of walls between two people who have so many reasons to keep those walls up. It's slow and it's true and it's real, and by the end of this book you feel like you are in a relationship with these people. And, without giving any spoilers, there are such amazing gestures of love performed in this story that I was clutching my heart. I would take this book to dinner and buy it flowers and chocolate if I could. 

Sara: This is a hard one for me… I would say The Sea of Tranquility, but Jessica beat me to it :) Other books in which I’ve pulled SUPER HARD for the couples include: On The Jellicoe Road, The Sky Is Everywhere, the Twilight series (yeah, yeah, sue me), If I Stay/Where She Went, and the upcoming sweeping love story in Shannon Messenger’s Let The Sky Fall.

Matt: Romantic? Ah geez. I don't read much romance, but the best one I can think of was an unpublished manuscript, so I can't talk about it. That was easy.

Copil: Probably Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. An epic adventure with an intensely passionate love affair at its core.

Cambria: Normally I'd say Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, but I used that last week. So I'm going to say Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. What's more romantic than finding love in Paris?

Your turn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved