Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pretty prose :)


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and at the end of the month, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome books... OR the book of your choice from the Book Depository!

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
We have to ask this one periodically because, well, we LOVE pretty prose! What have you read recently with the prettiest prose?

Our Answers

Alexandra: I'm going to cheat and name an adult book. THE TAKER by Alma Katsu has great use of language and prose construction.

Jessica: JUST ONE DAY by Gayle Forman. Her writing always makes me stop and stare at the page while I'm reading.

Alison: I'm answering this question before the release of REQUIEM (Lauren Oliver—I'd read anything written by her), so I'm going with DAYS OF BLOOD AND STARLIGHT. Laini Taylor should win awards for her prose. Gorgeous…GORGEOUS writing, yet still so full of voice.

Copil: Pretty is subjective, of course, but the prettiest for me recently has been Railsea by China Mieville. I can stare and wonder and read and think on that isht all day, err day. 

Matt: The writer with the loveliest, most lyrical prose I know is Jessica Bell, but the novel I read of hers most recently is not out yet, so I'll have to go with Rouge, by Leigh Talbert Moore.

Your turn!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved