Monday, April 15, 2013

Rizzock the Drizzop!


Every Thursday, we post a question for our followers--and at the end of the month, one of the commenters will be selected to choose a title from our Vault! Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome books... OR the book of your choice from the Book Depository!

To enter, follow YA Confidential and please make sure that your email address is linked to your comment in some way! (So we can get in touch with you :)

Today's question:
This Thursday is Rock the Drop day! Hosted by the ReaderGirlz to promote Teen Lit Day each year, it's a "guerilla-style book distribution scheme in which YA fans leave copies of favorite books in public spaces for readers to pick up and enjoy." Are you participating, and if so, what book are you planning to drop -- and where???

Our Answers

Jessica: I Rock the Drop every year! It's my favorite thing! It usually falls on the Thursday of my spring break, but this year I'll be in school, so I'll probably drop books around my campus and see what happens. My usual plan is to hit up my local used bookstore and get as many like-new quality YA books as I can. The more books dropped, the better!

AlisonThis year I'll be in school so I'm trying to find spots to leave books after the last bell rings. And I want to leave some at the neighboring high school too. As for the books—last year I dropped THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE and DIVERGENT. I'm thinking this year I'll drop some more favorites—like THE FAULT IN OUR STARS and BEFORE I FALL. Not decided yet though.

Matt: I'm not participating, because I'm scared of going out in public.

Erica: I love Rock the Drop day! Last year was the first time I did it and I had a blast. I plan on dropping at least 5 more books this year and I'll drop books all around campus :)

Chihuahua Zero: I did participate last year, and I'll probably do it again! This time though, I'll be planning my drops. For example, I'll be putting them in more than one setting, and printing out colored nameplates for each book to make it less likely someone turns it in to the lost and found.

Leigh: YES! I LOVE this event! I participated last year, and since I love chatting books and sharing books, this is one of my favorite days. For one, I'm planning to drop my newest book at the library... Does that count? As for the actual guerilla part, well, hmm... This was hard last year because I HATE giving away books I love--LOL! Maybe I'll drop a book I already have on my Kindle and in paperback. But if I have it in both versions, that means I really love it. What a dilemma! OK, maybe, MAYBE one of my Deb Caletti books. I'm still deciding.

Katy: I'm definitely participating! I did last year, too, and it was so much fun. This year I'm going to drop copies of DIVERGENT and DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE (I have extras of both) and a few more that I'll pluck off my shelves. Not sure where I'll drop my books yet... Probably at coffee shops and bus stops downtown. 

Karen:  Of course I am! This will my 4th year participating and it's so much fun. I'm dropping one at the Starbucks three blocks away because it is always jam packed, and then I'll probably drop the other in our busy downtown park. Now I just have to decide which books to drop. Hmmm...

Jaime:  Last year was my first ever ROCK THE DROP and I had so much fun! I will definitely be participating again this year. I’ve even purchased the books I’m dropping: CINDER by Marissa Meyer, THE MADMAN’S DAUGHTER by Megan Shepherd, and THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater. I’m so excited to share such great YA lit! Though, I’m not sure where I’ll be dropping them just yet.

Your turn!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved