Monday, May 27, 2013

From the Vault Monday :: Summer Lovin'



Every Monday, we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault! Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome books... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for them from the Book Depository

(To enter, please follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)


Today's question... Summer is finally upon us! What summer release are you most looking forward to? (Book titles lead to Goodreads pages.)

Copil - THE FEROS, by Wesley King, is the follow up to Vindico, about a group of teens forced into training as supervillans. This sequel comes out June 27th and picks up after our heroes have defeated the villains who kidnapped them. Just as they're about to be inducted into the League of Heroes, the teens are framed for a crime they didn't commit. I'm looking forward to some darkly humorous snark this summer!

Sara - Hands down, THE BITTER KINGDOM by Rae Carson (August 27th)! Even though I'll have a three-month-old to entertain, I can basically guarantee I'll be reading it as soon as I can get my hands on it, sleep be damned! I cannot freaking WAIT for the conclusion to this trilogy -- and anyone who hasn't read the first two books needs to GET ON IT. :) 

Matt - I'm so bad about staying on top of what books are coming out. I'm not sure whether May releases should count, but I'm reading the ARC of FML, by Shaun David Hutchinson right now, and it's an awesome high school party book, about friendship, and love, which is only a little bit sad.

Jaime - Two ‘C’ books for me: CANARY by Rachele Alpine (August 1st) and CROWN OF MIDNIGHT by Sarah J. Maas (August 27th).

Jessica - I'm REALLY looking forward to WILD AWAKE by Hilary T. Smith, which comes out TOMORROW. It sounds so awesome. I'm also anxious to read WHEN YOU WERE HERE by Daisy Whitney (June 4th).

Leigh - Can I say "Mine"? Ugh. Since that's all I've been doing for the last two months. DRAGONFLY (June 6th)... I'll be as glad to have them done as to share them with everyone. Looking outside my little box, I think THE HAZARDS OF SKINNY DIPPING by Alyssa Rose Ivy (available now!) looks like the perfect beach book, and OUT OF PLAY by my good friends Jolene Perry & Nyrae Dawn (August 6th). Can't wait for those! :o) <3

Alison - INFINITYGLASS by Myra McEntire (August 6th). It's the third in the Hourglass series and I'm very much looking forward to spending more time with Kaleb and Lily and Emerson and Michael to see how the story plays out. Also, have you seen the cover?! I have to wait until August, but it's definitely on my SUMMER MUST READ list!
Katy - I'm going with two debuts: CHARM AND STRANGE by Stephanie Kuehn (June 11) and BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA by April Genevieve Tucholke (August 20th). Love both of the covers and the super unique concepts. Oh! And of course THE SEA OF TRANQUILITY by Katja Millay (Jun 20th), which is pretty much my most anticipated release of the year. I've heard amazing things! 
Erica - THE TESTING by Joelle Charbonneau (June 4th). Since I read it ages ago, I've called that it is going to be the next big thing and I cannot wait for it to finally be released (next week actually on June 4) and see what everyone thinks of it! It is just such a strong debut and I loved it.

CZ -  I don't have a lot of upcoming releases on my to-get list, but let me mention Heather Brewer again. The second book of the Legacy of Tril, SOULBROKEN (August 20th), is slated for an August release, so I'll be looking out for that!

Your turn! What summer release are you most anticipating?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved