Thursday, June 27, 2013

June's Comment of the Month Winner!

There have been so many great responses to our From the Vault Monday questions, so thanks to everyone who participated! We had some favorites this month, but sadly, we can pick only one. The author of our favorite comment will get to choose a book from The Book Depository.

We asked you: Let's talk about writing... Where did you find inspiration for your current work-in-progress?

And our winner, STEPHANIE ALLEN, said:
"I majored in history (specifically medieval) in college, which has been a goldmine for ideas. The WIP I'm wrapping up right now was inspired by the Wars of the Roses, with a dash of the Medici sprinkled on top. For my MC, who is in an arranged marriage, I was inspired by the women I came across in research for papers - I found myself wondering how they must have felt about all of it since there was nothing from their POV."

Great comment, Stephanie! And you are so right, history is definitely a goldmine for compelling story ideas. Just send us a quick email to yaconfidential [at] gmail [dot] com to let us know what book you would like sent to you. Thanks again for taking part in our From the Vault Mondays!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved