Monday, July 15, 2013

From the Vault - Contemporary Love

Every Monday, we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, please follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)


Today's Question: Our sources tell us that contemporary YA is the NEXT BIG THING. What’s your favorite contemporary YA novel?

Matt - Lord that would be impossible to say. My three favorite recent YA contemp reads are Winger by Andrew Smith, Sex & Violence by Carrie Mesrobian, and Fault Line by Christa Desir.

Jaime - Oh goodness. So hard to choose. I can’t possibly pick an all-time favorite, but I will pick a recent favorite: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Made me laugh, made me cry, made me want to be a better writer.

Katy – Contemporary is my genre of choice, so I have LOTS of favorites. I’ll narrow them down to three: Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, and most recently, Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller. All gorgeous, all affecting.

Alison - Where She Went by Gayle Forman, Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway, The DUFF Kody Keplinger, Hate List by Jennifer Brown, The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour, The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, Perfect by Ellen Hopkins... Oh wait. Was I supposed to just give one answer? Oops.

Alexandra - Going to Far by Jennifer Echols.

Leigh - I'm reading so much contemporary right now, it's hard to single it down to one. How about fave authors? Anything by Jolene Perry, Steph Campbell, *cough* me *cough*, and of course, Sarah Dessen, the go-to "Queen of Contemporary YA." ;o)

Jessica -  Ha! I keep hearing this, too. I hope it's true! Well, I recently read an ARC of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, and... wow. You guys are going to love this book! A perfect contemp!

Erica - JenniferEcholsMirandaKenneally - That's one word so it can count as my favorite YA contemp title right? I just love both of these ladies works - particularly Going Too Far/Such a Rush from Jennifer Echols and Things I Can't Forget from Miranda Kenneally. While all their titles are great, these are the three that have just spoken to me - which is a feat, considering that I am not a huge contemp person. OH! And also Julie Cross has a super edgy, super intense, very romancey contemp called Letters to Nowhere which comes out next month. It is just fantastic as well. 

Your Turn! What’s your favorite contemporary YA novel?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved