Monday, July 29, 2013

From the Vault :: Summer Writing


Every Monday, we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, please follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)


Today's Question: Tell us about your summer writing routine… How do you keep the words flowing when the sun’s calling your name?

Matt - Summer changes nothing when it comes to my writing. I just drink more Vodka tonics and less Whiskey.

Jaime - Honestly, this has been so tough for me this summer, but I’m still plugging away at it. From the time I started writing right up until now, I’ve been a morning and very early afternoon writer, which leaves a good chunk of the nicest part of the day to enjoy outside if I wish. I’ve tried to take the writing to my back deck, but so far that hasn’t been overly successful.

Leigh - Being on a deadline -- panic! Actually, I'm at a point now where I can take a break and relax until August. So be sure to give yourself a little holiday at some point in the summer so you don't burn out. :o) <3

Jessica -  It's not so much the sun that's been calling my name, it's the travel! I spent the past month traveling, and trying to fit in writing when you just want to sight-see is difficult! But I made it a priority and sometimes even got up early (ughhh) to fit it in.

Copil - The kids are home during the summer so I have to plan my time a little better. I also make good use of expressions like, "Daddy's busy right now," and "Can you please stop screaming," and "Daddy's drinking is NOT out of hand!" You know, stuff like that.

Katy - This summer I've tried to make it a habit to write at least 500 words a day (usually after my kiddo's gone to bed), with one or two days off each week. So far, I've been pretty successful. My WiP has grown from 9,000 words to about 35,000 words this summer!

Alison - Write early. Or late. Or when it's raining. Or let the laptop bake with me. 

Erica - I just always make sure to write every day - I usually do it right before bed, since it is now a habit, then I never forget and I am always moving forward. 

Your turn: Tell us about your summer writing routine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved