Monday, July 8, 2013

From the Vault - Summertime Stories

Every Monday, we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, please follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)


Today's Question: Which fun-in-the-sun YA novel would you recommend readers take to the beach this summer?

Jaime - For a seaside summer story, I’d recommend This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. Totally fun and sweet. For something roadtrippy (totally a word), I will always suggest Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. Love that book!

Leigh - I just picked up The Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram, and it looks SUPER cute. Otherwise, for a college read, Crossing by Benefiel is just amazing. But it's *mature* YA/NA.

MattRotters, by Daniel Kraus.

Katy - A few of my favorite summer-set stories: The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour, Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard, This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith, and My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. All three are perfect beach towel reads. 

Jessica -  Jessi Kirby's books just scream summertime to me. Any of her awesome novels would be perfect to read on the beach!

Karen - Can I choose Tangled Tides? No. Okay then, I suggest another merfolk book: Of Poseidon by Anna Banks. I haven't actually read it yet but I hear it's amazing, and Anna is super funny and sweet. And who doesn't want to read about merfolk over the summer?

Erica - Anything by Elizabeth Eulberg - Her books are always super light and fun. Her most recent Revenge of the Girl With the Great Personality uses the phrase "Butt Glue" in the first sentence - I just sold ya on it, right?

Chihuahua ZeroHmm...that's a hard one. I haven't read much YA lately that would be considered fun-in-the-sun, unless books with a body count makes the criteria. I'll go with Cloaked by Alex Flinn. Great fairy tale-themed novel, of the non-gritty kind, with an interesting world. It's more fun than subject heavy. If I recall correctly, there isn't really any death involved. Now, let me go back to reading post-apocalyptic books.

Your turn: Which fun-in-the-sun YA novel would you recommend readers take to the beach this summer?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved