Monday, September 9, 2013

From the Vault

Every Monday, we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)


Today's Question - Now that school’s back in session, we want to know: What’s your favorite school-set YA?

Jessica HARRY POTTER, obvs, because Hogwarts. I mean, PEEVES, you guys. School doesn't get better than that.

Alexandra - I have to second Jessica and say HARRY POTTER. I love it more than any other school setting by quite a lot, or I would try a little harder to be original and come up with my own answer!

JaimeANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins. Really, what's better than boarding school in the City of Light? With St. Clair? Nothing, that's what.

Leigh - Ditto what Jaime said! ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS. Paris, St. Clair, all of it = LOVE! 

Copil - First series that came to mind was THE GALLAGHER GIRLS by Ally Carter. Yes, the school is actually a private academy where they train lethal spies so it's not your typical homeroom and lunch rooms. But in high school, if I had to choose one school to have a co-ed dance with, the Gallagher Academy would be it.

Alison - In the spirit of being different, I will say LOOKING FOR ALASKA by John Green, one of my all-time favorites. Also, I've noticed that our choices so far have been boarding school-ish set stories. Hmmm.

Katy – I love all of my fellow Operatives’ answers, but I have to go with JELLICOE ROAD by Melina Marchetta. Cool boarding school set in Australia + Jonah Griggs = Win

Your turn... What’s your favorite school-set YA?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved