Monday, September 30, 2013

From the Vault

Every Monday, we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)


Today's Question :: How has the arrival of autumn impacted your writing routine?

Jessica - Well, the hardest thing for me has been adjusting my schedule in a major way. I had some long, lazy summer days to dilly dally about and write whenever I felt like it, but now I need to schedule in an hour or two when I can and really make the most of my time. Between a full (and exhausting) day of teaching 8th graders, working out, and having a life, writing is one of those things I need to squeeze in somewhere, and it's been a challenge finding the best time and place for it. But it's super important, so I've been managing so far. 

Jaime - The arrival of autumn has actually made me want to start writing again. I’ve been taking an unplanned writing hiatus for the past month or so, and now the chillier weather is giving me the urge to sit down and churn out words. Here’s hoping that happens soon!

Karen - Autumn? What is that? Kidding. Sort of. I live in Florida. Our two days of autumn haven't arrived yet, but when they do, I plan to drink yummy apple cider, or a spiced pumpkin latte, while writing on my porch swing.

Katy - I'm not a big fan of autumn, actually, which works out well because where I live, we have fantastic Indian Summers. As soon as my girlie starts school, the sun comes out and the days heat up. While it's sort of strange to drink pumpkin chai when it's seventy-five degrees outside, I have been trying to buckle down and get the first draft of my WiP knocked out. Having the weekdays to myself has definitely aided in that. 

Matt - Football season doesn't help.

Leigh - Autumn hasn't really impacted my routine as much as the start of school has. With the girls back in school, I'm back to having a nice, predictable block of "quiet time," and I feel more in control of my schedule.

Copil -  The kids are back in school. Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Alison - The kids are back at school and for the first time since Kindergarten, I am not. So, I've been trying to find a writing groove, and for the most part I've been following the Stephen King method—write early in the morning so that the writing is more of an "I wanna" than an "I hafta." I've only been at it for a few weeks and have been pretty productive on the writing front. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Erica - Autumn has impacted my writing routine in a negative manner in the sense that university started back up, so I'm now trying to juggle 18 credits, 2 internships, tutoring, and my photography business in addition to writing. I'm hoping to get back on track though before winter.

Chihuahua ZeroThe fiction side has gone into early hibernation. My priorities reshuffled. Don't worry, I'll wake it up...someday. At least the non-fiction side managed a couple of blog posts and too much lyric analysis.

Your turn... How has the arrival of autumn impacted your writing routine?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved