Monday, November 25, 2013

From the Vault

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)

Today's question...


Jessica - I'm thankful for the amazing friends I've made in the writing community. I have so many generous people in my life who have helped me to become a better writer and have supported me and lifted me up when times were tough and celebrated with me through my successes. I wouldn't be where I am in my writing journey without them! I love my writing friends!
Alexandra - All my friends! My writing friends and my real life friends. I don't know how I managed it, but somehow I've surrounded myself with some really fantastic, warm, caring people.
Karen - We had a lot of semi-recent health scares of loved ones so I'm very thankful that everyone has been healthy lately (knock on wood). And, as always, I'm thankful for coffee and York peppermint patties.
Matthew - I'm always thankful to be alive and healthy. It's truly a blessing.
Alison - Ohmygosh—SO MUCH. I'm thankful for CPs and betas who get me and my writing and give me the most helpful, encouraging, and objective feedback. I'm so fortunate to be a part of wonderful writing communities full of so much love and encouragement. I'm thankful for inspiring books and manuscripts that I'm just so lucky to read. I'm thankful for writing itself, the ability to create characters and worlds and stories that I love to write and read and share. I'm thankful for the fourteen and up category. They're crazy fun to read about, write about, and interact with. And I am extremely thankful for my family—my husband who puts up with my crazy writerly moods and reads my stories and doesn't think I'm a complete neurotic weirdo for said crazy stories and moods (okay—he might think that, but he loves me anyway) and for my children who complete me and inspire me on a daily basis. And God. This writer can't do a whole lot without the Big
Leigh - Oh, man. I'm just thankful for all my readers and their enthusiastic response to my books. I'm thankful we live in the publishing times we're in, and I'm thankful for amazing writer-friends like you guys! <3 Happy Thanksgiving!!! 

Jaime - I guess I'm thankful that I'm getting to a point where I have time for both reading and writing again. And I'm grateful for the encouragement of my writer friends as I try to find my way back to writing.

Copil - Thankful for my family and friends and for the constant flow of positivity from the writing friends I've made over the past few years. The destination is always on the horizon, but the voyage has been so rewarding, I can't even.

Katy – I’m thankful for my husband, my daughter, and all of my extended family, who are supportive and loving and all kinds of fun. I’m thankful for the amazing friends I’ve made in California, friends who have made this duty station one of my all-time favorites. I’m thankful for the incredibly talented and insightful people who make up my little writing community, those who encourage me via email and Twitter, those who help me by offering feedback on my work, and who teach me by allowing me to read their work. And I’m thankful for books – of course!

Sara - I'm beyond thankful for my writing friends and CPs who are patiently waiting while I've been on a looooong writing hiatus while enjoying mommy-hood. :) But the thing I'm most thankful for right now (and forever) is my daughter. And the rest of my family. My life is so much fuller with them all in it. (#cheeseballdontcare) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved