Monday, February 24, 2014

From the Vault :: Social Media

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)

Today's Question ~ Which social media media forum is your favorite, and what makes you like it so much?

Tracey - Twitter. I’ve met so many wonderful bookish and writerly friends there. I’m also hopelessly addicted to Pinterest, but less for the social media aspect of it and more because—oh look, pretty pictures!

Alison - INSTAGRAM!!! As my kids have gotten older, I’ve taken less and less pictures of them. (I know—BAD parent!) HOWEVER, when I got my iPhone over the summer, my fourteen year old forced me to get an Instagram, and now I take pictures all the time. I don’t post a lot, but I do enjoy capturing photos and sharing them, and I LOVE seeing my friend’s pictures and getting a glimpse as to what’s going on in their lives. Plus, it’s pretty easy. This technologically illiterate old chick needs easy.

Leigh - I'm best at Facebook--mostly because I've been there so long, I know more people there, and I'm comfortable with the platform. I love to blog, but now it seems all of my writing time needs to be used for writing books. Not as much waiting in the indie world; way more hustlin.

Matthew - Facebook. I'm too verbose for Twitter.

Katy – I love Twitter for its ease and succinctness, but I’m a huge Instagram junkie too. I’m such a visual person, and I love taking and editing photos, as well as following the streams of friends, family, and fellow writers.

Alexandra - Well, today is my birthday! On my birthday I like Facebook, because Facebook tells everyone it's my birthday, so tons of people wish me happy birthday. On my 364 very merry unbirthdays, I like Tumblr.

Copil – For a while it was Twitter, but I have to admit, most of my free time these days is spent on Reddit. The YAWriters, Books, and Writing sub-reddits are full of links from all over the web. It's a great community. Not quite as intimate as Twitter, or as targeted to my specific tastes, but in some ways that's a good thing to get me out of my own echo chamber.

Sarah - Facebook for me. Most of my friends are on there, so it's just what I'm used to.

Jaime - Right now my favourite is Instagram. I sometimes get bogged down by all of the writing/publishing talk, so it’s nice to escape to a social media forum that is full of other life things. Show me pictures of your yummy food, your kid bawling for no good reason, even a Scrivener screencap with what you’re working on. I kind of love it because life is all of those things.

Erica - Twitter - I can converse with several people all at the same time, without them being too involved. Also, I can see a lot of different things going on at the same time.

CZ - Concerning social media forums, it's Reddit. From the subreddits within it, I currently have a liking to /r/YAwriters/r/hiphopheads, and /r/polandball. The last one might appeal to those who likes humorous takes on politics, history, and other international shenanigans.

Big happy birthday to our lovely Alexandra!  

And now it's your turn: Which social media forum is your favorite? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved