Monday, February 10, 2014

From the Vault


Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)



Today's Question :: Love is in the air! What fictional couple has you most smitten?

Tracey - I recently read Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Covenant series (HALF-BLOOD is the first novel) and absolutely adored the relationship between Alex and Aiden, especially how it developed over the course of five books.

Alexandra - R and Julie from WARM BODIES

Jaime - I really can’t limit this to just one. Here are my top three: Chaol and Celaena (CROWN OF MIDNIGHT), Hector and Elisa (THE BITTER KINGDOM), and Perry and Aria (INTO THE STILL BLUE). So much swoon it’s impossible not to be smitten.

Sarah - Oh crap, how are we supposed to pick?? Umm, I'm going to say Karou and Akiva from Laini Taylor's DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE

Leigh - Oh, darn... I've been beta reading in the adult genre lately, and I don't have a great YA fictional couple! Somebody save me--make a suggestion! What MUST I read?

Copil - Given the recent revelations about Hermione and Ron, that relationship has been on my mind a lot, and I'd like to cast my vote for them. I really liked that they annoyed each other on the petty stuff, but found common ground on all the stuff that really mattered. That felt very real to me. 

Matthew - *makes a very rude razz-berry* Kidding. I love how Ron and Hermione’s relationship grew organically out of friendship. I'm not saying there is no such thing as love at first sight, but it happens way too often in stories.

Katy – I will always and forever by smitten by Taylor and Jonah from JELLICOE ROAD. I also adore Finnikin and Evanjalin from FINNIKIN OF THE ROCK. Their romance is so incredibly epic. Melina Marchetta does romance right. 

EricaI am quite partial to Sam and Jordan from CATCHING JORDAN by Miranda Kenneally. Sam Henry is awesome. :)
 
 

CZ – To be honest, there isn't one particular couple in YA that makes me swoon, but I've read some books lately with some engaging relationships. One example that pops out to me is from the Zellie Wells series, particularly Book Two. The conflict made me want them to stay together--alive.

Your turn! What fictional couple has you most smitten?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved