Monday, March 3, 2014

From the Vault - At the movies!

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)

Today's Question ~ Lots of awesome young adult book-to-movies debut in the next few months. Which YA novel would you most like to see made into a movie?

Alexandra - I think THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN by Holly Black would make an amazing movie. So would CINDER by Marissa Meyer. I would also love to see a movie out of anything Garth Nix has written.

Tracey - I’d love to see Kerstin Gier’s Precious Stone trilogy—RUBY RED, SAPPHIRE BLUE, and EMERALD GREEN—turned into movies. There’s already a German film, Rubinrot, of the first book and a second underway (or so I hear), but it strays some from the book and I’d love to see a more faithful translation for American audiences.

Matthew - Several. GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE, THIS IS NOT A TEST, SEX & VIOLENCE... I could go on.

Sarah - Oh man, can I just say all of them? Nah, that doesn't make sense. Another shout out for Geoff Herbach's STUPID FAST because it has sports and sports movies are awesome. Holly Black's WHITE CAT I think would work really well. And I don't know how well Laini Taylor's DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE would work, but damn, if it did, it would be awesome.

Leigh - Oh, man--I'm so with Sarah on the DOS&B book to movie. I think somebody bought the rights, but as Sarah said, they're probably scratching their heads now going, "Ummm...." But I LURV that book. I'm also a huge fan of Gayle Forman. I hope they do both IF I STAY and WHERE SHE WENT.

Alison - This die-hard MAXIMUM RIDE fan is still waiting for that movie, but right now I’d really like to see THE RAVEN BOYS adapted into one. And THE DIVINERS. And JUST ONE DAY. And anything by Lauren Oliver. Or Kody Keplinger. Or Trish Doller. Okay, clearly there’s a lot. And I’m not even a big fan of BTMAs.

Katy I would love to see the GRACELING, FIRE, and BITTERBLUE (by Kristin Cashore) made into movies, as well as all of the books in the LUMATERE CHRONICLES (by Melina Marchetta). If done well, I think both of those series could launch amazing movie franchises. 

Your turn! Which YA novel would you most like to see made into a movie?

1 comments:

Blogger said...

Sports betting system makes +$3,624 PROFIT last week...

Z-Code System winning bets and predictions for MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved