Monday, March 24, 2014

From the Vault - Spring Break Settings

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)


Today's question --> Sticking with the Spring Break theme... In which YA novel's setting would you most like to vacation?

Matthew - Wow. Tough one. I really like Fantasy, but I don't read that much YA Fantasy. I guess I'll go with STORMDANCER, since I just love that setting, even though it's not all that beautiful or anything.

Alexandra - Other than Hogwarts (obviously), I would love to visit the worlds in the following: INCARCERON by Catherine Fisher, BURN BRIGHT by Marianne de Pierres, DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by Laini Taylor, and SABRIEL by Garth Nix.

Alison - Any setting with a beach and a beach house. And serene blue-green waters. And temperatures that only fluctuate between 70˚ and 90˚F.

Tracey - Definitely not a dystopian, that’s for certain. I’d love to hop right into ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS’s setting. Paris is always a good idea.

Jaime - Well, I read a lot of YA sci-fi and fantasy, so I can pretty much say that I wouldn’t like to visit most of the settings featured because: strife galore! I’d have to go with DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE’s Prague or ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS’s Paris, because they’re both beautiful and rich in history and culture.

Sarah - Well, Hogwarts, obviously. But Kristin Rae's WISH YOU WERE ITALIAN (available in May!!) has an amazing Italian setting that I think everyone would love to visit, me included.

Katy – Of course I’d jump on the Hogwarts Express if I could, but if I’m sticking to the Muggle world, I’d love to travel the same islands as Bria from Kirsten Hubbard’s WANDERLOVE.


Leigh - Any Sarah Dessen novel. Major fan here. 

Your turn! In which YA novel's setting would you most like to vacation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved