Monday, March 31, 2014

From the Vault

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)

Today's Question --> We’re already ¼ through 2014! What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?

Tracey - THESE BROKEN STARS by Meagan Spooner and Amie Kaufman is one of the first books I read in 2014 and so far it’s still my favorite. I can imagine it’ll still be in the top five at the end of the year, too. 

Matthew - I would say GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE, but I technically read that for the fist time a few years ago, so I'll say ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell.

Leigh - MINE! Hahahaha -- kidding. I need a good book rec -- comments section is fine! I've read several books this year, but they've all just swam by in my head and nothing's really stood out. Halp! 

Sarah - Man, I've read a lot of great books so far this year. But I will have to say that Anne Ursu's THE REAL BOY is topping my list. Yes it's MG, but man, if I ever write a MG fantasy, I want it to be like that. But for YA, I think so far it's a tie between Andrew Smith's GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE and A.S. King's REALITY BOY.

Jaime - So tough! I’ve read some pretty fantastic books so far this year. It’s going to have to be a four-way tie between INTO THE STILL BLUE by Veronica Rossi , CROWN OF EMBERS + THE BITTER KINGDOM by Rae Carson , and CRESS by Marissa Meyer)

Alison - WINGER by Andrew Smith. I’m always down for an awesome boy book and this one was AMAZING.

Katy – I’m with Trace – THESE BROKEN STARS totally blew my mind. Also, I just finished Morgan Matson’s AMY & ROGER’S EPIC DETOUR and absolutely loved it. Can’t believe it took me so long to pick up. Total Katy Book. :-) 

Your turn! What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved