Thursday, April 10, 2014

March Comment of the Month Winner!

So many great answers again this month to our From the Vault questions. Thank you to everyone who participated in March! Now for our favorite comment...

We asked you:
We're already 1/4 through 2014! 
What's the best book you've read so far this year?

And SUZANNE_WRITER said:

"It's an absolute tie for me between The Gospel of Winter and Charm & Strange. Both books are contemporary, which is far away from my fantasy and sci-fi comfort zone, but they resonated with me on a profound level.
Both books deal with similar themes of sexual abuse in very different ways in very different contexts. The Gospel of Winter left me with a severe book hangover while Charm & Strange left me feeling shattered for days after completion. I'm still thinking about these stories, still reeling from what the main characters went through even though I read them in January.
I loved the beautiful writing in these books and the sensitive yet honest way in which the authors dealt with the disturbing and controversial subject matter. These are important books, especially for teenage boys."

Congrats, Suzanne! Just send us a quick email at yaconfidential [at] gmail [dot] com with your book choice from The Book Depository and your mailing info, and we'll get it sent off to you ASAP. Thanks again for taking part in our From the Vault Mondays!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved