Monday, May 19, 2014

From the Vault

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)


Today's Question... Lots of movies based on YA novels debut this summer. What’s your favorite YA book-to-movie adaptation?

Matthew – Of those that have been produced so far? Probably THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER.

Sarah – CATCHING FIRE was pretty damn awesome. PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER also did an awesome job. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Katy – I’m with Matt and Sarah on PERKS – so well done! I recently watched the movie adaptations of Meg Rosoff’s HOW I LIVE NOW, and Jenny Downham’s BEFORE I DIE (the movie was retitled NOW IS GOOD) and I thought they were both excellent. Both films made me appreciate their books even more. Also, HARRY POTTER. Because obviously.

Tracey - CATCHING FIRE is still tops, but I recently watched HOW I LIVE NOW, based on Meg Rossoff’s book of the same name, and it was really good. (Not as good as the book, but are movies ever as good as the novels they’re based on? Um, nope.) 

Leigh - Oh, man! I really, REALLY need to see CATCHING FIRE. I liked the first one, but those promo pix for #2 just looked AMAZING... I saw a trailer for IF I STAY, and I'm really, really nervous about that movie. I loved both of those books so much. I hope they don't screw it up. I guess, I'm also looking forward to THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. (I don't think I'm answering this question right...)

Copil – A WALK TO REMEMBER. An oldie but a goodie, I remember really resisting this one because I'm a dude and if any of my bros saw me watching it I'd be mocked mercilessly. Turns out more than a few of them have a scratched up DVD of this one hidden in their sock drawer.

Alison - THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER and CATCHING FIRE

Jaime - I loved THE HUNGER GAMES and CATCHING FIRE, particularly the latter. (So much less shaky cam than the first one.) While I think of the HARRY POTTER series as not really being YA exactly (Harry was 11 at the start), I thought they did a phenomenal job with the movies. And lastly, I will always love the CITY OF EMBER movie. Can’t wait for the ones that come out this year!

Your turn! What's your favorite YA book-to-movie adaptation?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved