Monday, May 26, 2014

From the Vault

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)

Today's Question: What summer-released YA novel are you most looking forward to reading?

Mathew – THESE GENTLE WOUNDS, by Helene Dunbar. It came out a few weeks ago, but still NOGGIN, by John Corey Whaley. I'm reading it now, but I'm loving GUY IN REAL LIFE, by Steve Brezenoff. PUSH GIRL, by our very own Jessica Love and Chelsie Hill. 100 SIDEWAYS MILES, by Andrew Smith.

Sarah – I dunno, all of them? I have so many on my list but here are a few I've preordered anyway: GUY IN REAL LIFE by Steve Brezenhoff, PERFECTLY GOOD WHITE BOY by Carrie Mesrobian (though this is actually a fall release), WISH YOU WERE ITALIAN by Kristin Rae, FAT BOY VS THE CHEERLEADERS by Geoff Herbach
Katy – Jessica Love and Chelsea Hill’s PUSH GIRL, ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER by Stephanie Perkins, and ONE TWO THREE by Elodie Nowodazkij. Also, I’LL GIVE YOU THE SUN by Jandy Nelson, which doesn’t come out until September but sounds absolutely amazing.

Tracey - It’s hard to pick, but I’ve been dying to read Stephanie Perkins’ ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER for a very long time, so that’s high on my list. I’m so excited for Jessica Love’s PUSH GIRL, plus MIDNIGHT THIEF by Livia Balckburne and THE KISS OF DECEPTION by Mary E. Pearson. And, you know, about eleventy billion more.

Leigh - Mine! Bahahahaha!!!! Seriously? Umm... Jessica's, of course. ;)

Alison - ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER (Stephanie Perkins), PUSH GIRL (Jessica Love, Chelsie Hill), ONE TWO THREE (Elodie Nowodazkij), BEHIND THE SCENES (Dahlia Adler), COMPLICIT (Stephanie Kuehn), HEXED (Michelle Krys), RUMBLE (Ellen Hopkins), 100 SIDEWAYS MILES (Andrew Smith). . .Too many to choose just one. I apologize for nothing. J
Jaime - There are far, far too many, but I’ll try to limit myself: RUIN AND RISING by Leigh Bardugo, ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVERY AFTER by Stephanie Perkins (Yes! Finally!), and HEIR OF FIRE by Sarah J. Maas. And, of course, I’m also excited for my CP Elodie’s debut, ONE, TWO, THREE.
Your turn! What's your most anticipated summer release? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved