Monday, June 16, 2014

From the Vault

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)
 

 Today's Question: Summer time also means grilling and picnics and fresh fruits (for those of us who live in the frozen north). What are some of your favorite fictional foods?


Alexandra - Every single candy described in Harry Potter. They have some pretty good approximations at Universal Studios, but I want to try the real, magical versions!
 
Matt - Pretty much everything in ASoIaF sounds great. Check out http://www.innatthecrossroads.com/

Tracey - I’ve always wanted to try to make the November cakes from THE SCORPIO RACES. (Author Maggie Stiefvater has created a recipe, which you can find here.) 
 
 
Katy - Butterbeer! Yum! And even though gelato isn’t fictional, I recently read Kristin Rae’s WISH YOU WERE ITALIAN and it made me crave gelato like nobody’s business. 
 

Leigh - Anything chocolate works for me! Haha!!! Although I have always wanted to try Turkish Delight~


Jaime - The food in the HARRY POTTER books springs readily to mind, but I know it’s already been mentioned. (Pumpkin pasties and butterbeer both sounded SO yummy!) I remember thinking that the food in the Capitol in THE HUNGER GAMES and CATCHING FIRE sounded really good too.


Sarah - I love me some foods, especially if they're in fantasy books and are magical. I mean, obviously anything and everything from Harry Potter (Butterbeer definitely). I'm also a huge fan of Bubbly Pies from Anne McCaffrey's Pern series, specifically the YA DRAGONSINGER trilogy. McCaffrey shared the recipe (along with other recipes in her books) in THE DRAGONLOVERS GUIDE TO PERN and I've made them more than once because they are nummo.

 
Your turn! What's your favorite fictional foods?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved