Monday, June 30, 2014

From the Vault

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)

 Today's Question: The 4th of July is only a few days away (for those of us in the states). What books have some of your favorite holiday scenes?

Alexandra - I feel like I reference Harry Potter in pretty much every Vault question I answer, but seriously, who DOESN'T want to go to the Yule Ball? (Also, I think Nearly Headless Nick's death day party sounds fun in a Tim Burton morbid kind of way!)
 
Matt - Harry Potter FTW!

Tracey - I am not going to say HARRY POTTER because I think my co-agents have that covered but, you know, HARRY POTTER. The only other book I can think of is A CHRISTMAS CAROL, which is sort of a tradition in my house so I’m both in love with the story and sick of it. I also remember loving the Christmas celebrations in LITTLE WOMEN, though I haven’t read that in some time.
Katy - NANTUCKET BLUE by Leila Howland has a most excellent Independence Day scene. And yeah… I’m right their with my fellow Operatives in their love Harry Potter holidays. 

Leigh - I'm thinking summer holidays, but the holiday scenes usually occur in the winter... hmm... I'll go with Matt & say Harry Potter FTW!!! Yay! 


Jaime - (July is a celebratory month in Canada too! July 1st is our big day.) Again, with HARRY POTTER. Any holiday in the great hall is pretty darn spectacular! For whatever reason, I can’t think of any other holiday scenes in YA books. Help?


Sarah - Well, obviously HARRY POTTER but outside of that I'm a big fan of the Gather (which is a big gathering, natch, and party with games and races and foooods) in Anne McCaffrey's DRAGONSINGER. Also, even though it's a gross display of extravagance, I'm not going to lie about how much I would like to hit up that capital party in CATCHING FIRE. Whether it's actually a holiday, I don't know.

Your turn! What's your favorite fictional holidays?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved