Thursday, June 5, 2014

May Comment of the Month Winner!

May had some great From the Vault questions and we received some FANTASTIC comments from all of you. Thank you to everyone who participated this month!

And now for our favorite comment...


We asked you the following question: Lots of movies based on YA novels debut this summer. What's your favorite YA book-to-movie adaptation?

And REBECCA said:

"My favourite YA book-to-movie adaptation has to be The Fault in Our Stars.
Let's ignore that gross tagline, okay?

Before you jump to conclusions either with envy or into thinking I'm delusional, let me 
explain. I was very lucky to have the chance to see it a month before it releases and I can without a doubt say it is absolutely incredible. Here's a review of my (already) mini-review:

• If you've seen Divergent, you'll know Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort play brother and sister. But once the movie began, my mind forgot all about that because these two? They ARE Gus and Hazel. To a T.

• The acting is superb - Ansel and Shailene did a fabulous job and so did the supporting cast and every single actor.

• The movie is sad (as expected) but boy, I was not ready for the amount of laughing and grinning and chuckling. It is funny. Prepare to craugh (cry/laugh) a lot.

• For two whole hours, my mind was on nothing but the movie; I was completely captivated. I can't remember the last time this happened which is saying something.

• I felt like it captured the book perfectly, but that it also stood beautifully in its own right as a moving, heartfelt film.

So - enjoy seeing it with your own eyes next month. In case you can't already tell, it's not to be missed."

I know a bunch of us here at YA Confidential are SUPER excited about seeing this one, so we're happy to hear it was so good! Thanks for the awesome review and congrats, Rebecca! Just send us a quick email at yaconfidential [at] gmail [dot] com with your book choice from The Book Depository and your mailing info, and we'll get it sent off to you ASAP. Thanks again for taking part in our From the Vault Mondays!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved